"...and, by the dog, gentlemen of the jury---for I must tell you the truth..." --Apology, 21e

Friday, February 02, 2007

RE: The previous post and the various related aesthetic atrocities:

The Colonel is on hiatus from the blog that he built with his own two hands for an indeterminate period of time. May the uncultured barbarian hordes run it over with their barely grammatical comments, unpopular-teenager's-LiveJournal-esque style and Metal Church videos. And may God's Mercy elude them.

I can't help at a time like this but to be reminded of some words that have guided me in my short but interesting life. They were given to me by my very own sweet grandfather while he sat upon his deathbed when I was merely a lad of six years. He knew his life was almost over and he said to me the following words which I will never forget so long as I live.

"Sonny boy, I have the fortune for the Good Lord to have granted me many a year in His Creation now--since ought two bygummit---and though I am not an educated man, I have done well in life. For there is one thing I know---one thing that got me through the many and varied trials that the Good Lord set before me: The Great War, the Depression, The Second Great War, syphllis, the Republican Party. And that one thing I know--that one beautiful thing worth more than all the gold and women in all the world--I give to you now as I go into the unknown to meet the Maker of this World. And that one thing is this: Don't take shit from fucking retards."

Adieu.

Sincerely,
The Colonel
Kentucky's Fifth Immobile Calvary
"The Drinkin' Mules"

No comments: