"...and, by the dog, gentlemen of the jury---for I must tell you the truth..." --Apology, 21e

Friday, May 18, 2007

Had a great (but short) week on the Buffalo.

This is just below Kyle's Landing:


This is just below Pruitt:

Just a bit up river at the Hwy. 7 bridge I caught a nice smallmouth bass
and a bit above that saw a good sized wild turkey.

This is the mouth of the Little Buffalo River, where it runs in
halfway between Pruitt and Hasty:


These two are halfway between Mt. Hersey and Woolum:




I camped here my last night out. In the woods behind my site I spotted
three deer. There was also a family of Ozark Big Eared Bats that live in a cave on the bluff.
I watched them chase the mayfly's and mosquitos while I counted
the stars as they came out. It was refreshing to see some
constellations other than the Big Dipper and Orion.

Saw numerous Cedar Waxwings, Blue and Green Herons,
some Pileated Woodpeckers, two ducks, six snakes,
and lots of turtles.

No comments: